Friday, May 16, 2008

paperback autowriter + more

I was surprised to discover that books written by computers are already with us, surely its only a matter of time before Roald Dahl's Great Automatic Grammatizator becomes a reality, in fact I think Tom Clancy has already signed up.
On a similar note, its good to see Asimo taking up challenges in the arts.
New research overturns conventional scientific thought on a perennial mystery of the sea, FT brings us up to date on the freak wave phenomenon.
Still in the ocean, I never thought I’d envy mantis shrimps, but I wish I could see through their eyes. Coming on top of the recent discovery that birds may actually be able to see the earths magnetic field it raises interesting questions about the sensory data input that we call vision.

No comments: